11 - 27 Jan - Riverside Camping
Presented by Tamworth Regional Council
The Riverside Camping Grounds are a central camping location next to the Peel River and just minutes walk from the musical hype and action in the Tamworth CBD.
When purchasing entry tickets please make sure you record a mobile phone number with your name. If necessary, the mobile number you provide will be used by Emergency Services to contact you.
2019 Riverside Camping Fees:
Countdown and Festival: 11 - 27 January or part thereof: $270 GST incl. per site*.
10 Day Festival Period: 18 - 27 January or part thereof: $170 GST incl. per site*
Festival Final Weekend: 25 - 27 January: $100 GST incl. per site*
*A site fee is to be paid for each vehicle requiring entry to the camp grounds - Please note that a daily rate is not available.
Hours of Operation
Pre purchased tickets must enter through the Carter Street Gate – open during Countdown (11 -17 January) 6am to Midnight and during Festival (18- 27 January) 24 hour
Camping sites can be pre purchased or bought at the gate.
No cash accepted at the gate - credit card or Eftpos only
Entrance fee includes access to showers.
Camp sites are not pre allocated or numbered. The purchase of a ticket provides entry to the camp grounds not to a specific pre designated site. Upon arrival to the camp grounds ticket holders can set up in any location that is available provided it is in an allocated camping area.
Daily supplies of bread, milk, newspapers, drinks, ice, canned foods, fruit, vegetables, toiletries and some camping requirements are available from three sporting club houses at the camp grounds. See camping map for ‘canteens’. Opening hours might vary but they will mostly open about 6:00am or 6:30am each day until late each night.
- No cash accepted at the gates, credit card and Eftpos only
- No refunds
- Pets are permitted, provided they are kept on a leash at all times
- All of the sites are unpowered
- There are no bbq facilities available
- There is no security on site, please bring limited valuables and keep them with you at all times
- There are a number of toilets and showers (both permanent and temporary) located around the camping ground
- A number of taps are located around the camp grounds
- The camp grounds are on a flood zone. In the event of an emergency any directives given by SES, police, fire, security or officers of the organisers ARE to be followed.
- By camping in a flood prone area, you agree and accept the risks associated with that activity. In doing so, you agree to indemnify Tamworth Regional Council for any damage, loss, liability or injury (including by way of indemnity to third parties) as a result of camping or any camping related activity.
- On departure of the campsite all belongings, camping equipment and vehicles are to be removed
- Children are to be accompanied at all times by their parents or legal guardian in the camping are
- Fireworks and open or pit fires are not permitted.
- Inflatable pools or devices capable of containing water for the purpose of swimming or wading or sitting in are not permitted
- Noise after midnight and before 6 am is strictly prohibited