COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY
1. Help us prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Practise physical distancing
- Avoid close contact with other people
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser (on entry and exit of the venue and before and after eating)
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow
Due to a recent change in COVID restrictions in NSW, we recommend the wearing of masks at our events as socially distanced seating no longer applies. Masks will be available at the venue if you do not carry one. Children 12 years and under are exempt from wearing a facemask but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable. For more information regarding the wearing of masks CLICK HERE.
- Do not attend our venues if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case
- Remain in your allocated seat for the performance
- Be understanding of our staff – they are there to help you enjoy your visit. Please don’t give them a hard time about the necessary changes to your theatre visit
2. What we are doing to help?
- Capacity restrictions are currently in place. As a result our venues are operating at a reduced capacity of 75%, or 1 person per 2 square metres. Some areas and/or rooms have individual capacity limits which are clearly sign-posted.
- To maintain capacity and the viability of events we may change the venue for an event prior to the performance to meet the current restrictions and make the experience a safe one for you
- Only allocated seating is available in line with the current Government guidelines for theatres and concert halls. As no social distancing seats are left between bookings, however facemasks must be worn within the venue.
- The venue and auditorium doors will open early to allow audience members to safely purchase a snack or drink and then head directly to their seats to avoid overcrowding the foyers
- Our floor will be marked to manage queuing and movement throughout
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the venues and well as soap at hand basins
- Posters with health & safety guidelines will be displayed in the venues
- If you do not have a mask, one will be available from one of our staff at check-in.
- Maintaining our existing high standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols, Entertainment Venues has introduced routine measures of frequent cleaning before, during and after events. This will include the frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces such as door handles, push plates, handrails, lift buttons, counters, toilets and any other surface identified as being touched by people
- Protective screens will be put in place at box offices and bar service points to protect our staff and patrons
- All events will be ticketed with tickets scanned on entry to the venue. Patrons will need to check-in via the Service NSW App prior to tickets being scanned for contact tracing. To download the Service NSW App CLICK HERE.
3. Bar & Snack Services
- Queuing for bar and snack bar services will use 1.5m physical distancing
- With high capacity events additional temporary bars will be available within the auditoriums to avoid overcrowding the foyer areas
- We encourage cashless payments
- All drinks are to be purchased and taken back to your seat to consume or at interval you must sit in one of the tables and chairs configurations in our venues. You must be seated at all times to consume your beverage
- Disposable cups and bottles and cans will be used
- Self-serve water stations will be unavailable to minimise touch points
For more COVIDSafe information CLICK HERE
Visitors are not permitted to enter if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever);
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious);
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- have been to any State or National case locations on the specified date/s and failed to observe the Governmeent instructions
Visitors are required to:
- Maintain social distancing in foyer and other non seated areas within the venue.
- Support mask wearing - Although masks are not mandatory, they are highly recommended and available to patrons if required.
- Respect floor marking and directional signage
- Remain in allocated seats
- Leave furniture in place
- Avoid prolonged gatherings by consuming food and beverages while seated
- Provide your name and contact details and consent to providing your name and contact details to the NSW Department of Health via the Service NSW App or web check-in page for contact tracing
- Maintain good personal hand hygiene by washing and or sanitising
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into your elbow or a tissue, and then dispose of tissues immediately
Help us keep everyone safe by practising good hygiene and physical distancing in
accordance with the current regulations and the conditions of entry during your time here.
It is the responsibility of every individual to help stop the spread of COVID-19
If you have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the last 14 days, have a temperature and/ or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, it is our right to refuse you entry into our venue. The health and safety of our customers, staff and performers is extremely important to us. Please contact us before your event if any of the above applies to you.
Entertainment Venues recommends that all patrons download the COVIDSafe app on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
We continue to closely monitor and adhere to the regulations and advice provided by NSW Health, the Australian Government Department of Health and in accordance with NSW Government, Create NSW, PAC Australia and Live Performance Australia guidelines. Entertainment Venues COVID Safe plans will continue to evolve as the health advice changes.